By Kingsley Ogbeide-Ihama.
1. Not slogans; but actions.
2. Not ‘Red Roof’; but qualitative education.
3. Not few roads; but several roads with cost attached.
4. Not selective development; but even development of the State.
5. Not casualisation of workers; but gainful employment.
6. Not just Okpekpe Race; but revival of our sports’ glory.
7. Not thuggery; but educating and empowering our youths.
8. Not white elephant projects; but meaningful ones to fill areas of societal needs.
9. Not projects without completion dates; but ones with time lines.
10. Not endangering our polity with lack of internal democracy; but strengthening it with fairness and fair-play.
11. Not collection of taxes with thugs; but with civil legal means.
12. Not leadership that cannot be accessed and persuaded; but people=oriented government that listens and cares.
13. Not imposing oppressive agencies like EDSTMA; but problem solving agencies which staff is civil and monitored.
14. Not Town-hall meetings of only party supporters in addressing State issues; but ones for consultations with actual stakeholders.
15. Not neglecting industries; but establishing them for job creation.
16. Not extorting business owners through different forms payments; but encouraging them as partners in progress.
17. Not referring to our ladies as prostitutes and gold-diggers; but respecting and giving them skills for gainful employment.
18. Not ignoring the shortage of teachers; but filling vacancies in public schools.
19. Not disregarding widows and the elderly; but respecting and caring for them.
20. Not indebting or giving state guaranteed loans to only party members and for electioneering; but to actual qualifiers for effective utilization.
21. Not shielding cost of projects from public knowledge; but to be prudent and transparent.
22. Not frequent travels without gains; but travelling for gainful returns.
23. Not disregarding House of Assembly resolutions; but to be bound by their resolutions.
24. Not enforcing policies with thugs; but through public enlightenment and interactions.
25. Not disregarding Court Orders; but respect for Court orders or rulings.
26. Not over-taxing the citizens; but encouraging them with incentives to make investments and grow the local economy.
27. Not disregarding and referring to products and services of Edo indigenes as inferior; but patronizing the citizens for growth.
28. Not abandoning agricultural sector; but bringing it back to enviable position.
29. Not a meager N5 million to support security agencies; but with a good part of the N500 million monthly Governor’s Security Vote.
30. Not intolerance of opposition; but respects for freedom of expression and association.
31. Not lack of attention to shortages of medical personnel in hospitals and School of Nursing; but adequate staffing and attention to school of Nursing.
32. Not ignoring safety rules in construction of public buildings; but taking precautionary measures and regard for lives.
33. Not using public funds to maintain army of thugs; but for training civil servants and essential manpower.
34. Not making workers accept unfavourable conditions with threat of sack; but resolution of disputes through dialogue.
35. Not indiscriminate borrowings; but sustaining development through prudency and self-sustenance.
36. Not frequent increases of taxes and fees; but consideration of the business environment and stakeholders’ plights.
37. Not personalizing the use of public facilities such as Ogbe stadium; but considerations for equity rights of others.
38. Not killing boarding facilities in secondary schools; but reviving them for proper grooming of the youths.
39. Not interfering in activities of other arms of government; but respecting the principle of separation of powers.
40. Not spending monies allocated to the local government areas; but supporting LGAs to achieve their objectives.
41. Not disregarding the plight of pensioners; but appreciating that meritorious service deserves honour and entitlements.
42. Not discouraging obtaining and renewal of licenses within the state; but making them at par with cost in neighbouring states and for convenience.
43. Not killing trade fairs; but encouraging fairs to exhibit and promote locally produced goods and services.
44. Not killing inter-school sports competitions; but encouraging for talent discovery and youths’ engagements.
45. Not stoppage of bursary; but assisting the poor brilliant indigenes to gain education as the rich.
46. Not killing established industries and institutions for newer ones; but strengthening old ones for success and avoiding wastages.
47. Not disregarding area of needs and timing in locating projects; but consideration for urgent needs and even-distribution.
48. Not concealing records of state’s debt; but a transparent account matched with details of projects.
49. Not increasing IGR with high taxation and no corresponding economy growth; but increasing through economic growth.
50. Not secretly selling state assets to friends; but through public consent and open bidding where necessary.
#TakeTheFuture => #MakeEdoGreat!!!
Follow Me On Twitter @moglordis