By Yemi Adebowale
Tolu Ogunlesi has been confirmed for appointment as Special Assistant on New Media to President Muhammadu Buhari, a top State House source has disclosed to BREAKING TIMES on Thursday.
Below are seven interesting facts about the new appointee who is expected to ride the social media storm for the Buhari presidency.
- Tolu Ogunlesi was born in 1982.
- Tolu Ogunlesi lives in Lagos, Nigeria.
- He is a graduate of Pharmacy from the University of Ibadan.
- He has worked as Features Editor at the defunct NEXT newspapers.
- In 2009, he was awarded the Arts and Culture prize in the annual CNN Multichoice African Journalism Awards.
- Tolu was allegedly behind the ‘Wendell Simlin’ propaganda which labeled Reno Omokri, Special Assistant on New Media to former President Jonathan as the man behind an anonymous e-mail spreading accusations that then Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Lamido Sanusi, was a Boko Haram sympathiser and sponsor.
- Tolu will be reporting directly to Femi Adesina, President Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity.