The 75th National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has just ended at the National Secretariat of the Party, on Friday, August 11, 2017.
2. The Meeting was well attended and presided over by the National Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON, and has the former Senate President, Senator David Mark, GCON, former Senate President and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Sen. Ayim Pius Ayim, Governor of Ekiti state and Chairman of PDP Governors Forum, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, Governor of Delta state and Chairman of the 2017 Special Non-Elective National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa, former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and Senate Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio and Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BOT), Sen. Walid Jubril in attendance.
3. Also in attendance are Governors of River state, Chief Nyesom Wike, Taraba state, Arc. Darius Ishaku, Gombe state, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwanbo, Deputy Governor of Bayelsa state, Rear Admiral, John Jonah, Deputy Governor of Cross River state, Professor Ivara Esu, Deputy Governor of Ebonyi state, Dr. Eric Kelechi Igwe, National Vice Chairmen, State Chairmen, Party stalwarts and other leaders of the PDP nationwide.
4. The Chairman of the PDP, Sen. Makarfi, after his opening remark, thanked members of the party for the overwhelming attendance in just a short notice and called on the Chairman of the 2017 Non-Elective Special National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa to give report on the preparation so far for the Convention.
5. Senator Okowa briefed NEC and declared that all is set for a successful Special Non-Elective National Convention on Saturday, August 12, 2017, in Eagle Square, Abuja by 10Am.
6. NEC deliberated on the issues of parallel Congresses in some states of the federation and resolved that all matters relating to such states should be referred to the Convention for final decision.
7. NEC also received a Memo on issues concerning some states in the South West, especially in Osun, Lagos and Ogun and resolved that the matter be taken to the National Convention for ratification. The motion was moved and adopted.
8. In line with the above, NEC unanimously affirmed that the dissolution of Anambra state and the setting up of the State Caretaker Committee and all existing recognized states and zonal excos be referred to the Special Non Elective National Convention for affirmation.
9. Finally, NEC proposed a four months extension for the National Caretaker Committee (NCC), in order to allow time to prepare and conduct an elective National Convention to elect new officers for the PDP.
10. The 75th NEC Meeting was adjourned and the meeting ended by 9:30Pm