PRESS STATEMENT –
1. Chief John Oyegun’s response to our media statement of 19/08/2016 is pretty much a summary of the APC led FG – long on prose & badly short of substance.
2. Chief Oyegun’s retort that we hired spin doctors to bandy figures is badly unfortunate.
3. Our collective misfortune is made worse when we consider that the chairman of the ruling party thinks that figures that show the parlous state of the economy under the APC led FG are spin or that the poor state of the economy is an act of God.
4. Chief Oyegun needs to concern himself more with the salient issues. For the avoidance of doubt the salient issues include –
– Foreign Investors like the Sun International leaving Nigeria over a hostile working environment where passports of staff can be seized by EFCC for several months without a court order.
– Food prices have risen to the point where minimum wage (N18k) can no longer buy a bag of rice (N20k). A bag of rice was N9k at the inception of this admin.
– The incoherent monetary & fiscal policies of the @MBuhari admin which have led to exchange rates of $1 – N315/N396, £1 – N416.43/N510, €1 – N359.26/N442.
– The unrestrained mass murder of Nigerians in the North Central that has left more than 1000 people dead in 2016 alone.
– 16.5% inflation.
– The shambolic 18.4% performance of CAPEX for #Budget2016.
5. Chief Oyegun will be better served worrying about such things than the spread of a false narrative.
6. And the next time, Chief Oyegun wants to blame God for the economic woes brought about by his party, he should first read Jeremiah 29:11.
7. Again, we would like to give Chief Oyegun the compliments of our warmest regards & most abiding esteem.
God bless Nigeria. Everyday!!!
Director, New Media