By Ebuka Anichebe J.P
Beliefs are our operating systems installed deep inside us. The beliefs we have guide our thinking, attitudes, behaviour and ultimately our outcome.
Humans are neither good nor bad. Its their behaviours that can be described as being either good or bad. Some people are handicapped by default due to their poor operating systems which they have either been verbally programmed, or modelled from their parents or society.
As teachers and parents, we spend too much time trying to change human behaviour, when we should be influencing their belief systems.
Here are some empowering beliefs to serve you:
1. The past does not equal the future.
2. There is always a way if I’m committed.
3. There are no failures, only outcomes—as long as I learn something I’m succeeding.
4. I am not my behaviour. I can change my behaviour.
5. Everything happens for a reason and a purpose that serves me.
6. I give more of myself to others than anyone expects.
7. I create my own reality and am responsible for what I create.
8. Every day above ground is a great day.