President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday has move to quash rumours that State Security Service operatives have been asked to vacate the Presidential Villa.
Buhari, who spoke through his Senior Adviser, Femi Adesina, said the speculations on the expulsion of the SSS operatives were unfounded.
A statement from the presidency said:
“Rumours that personnel of the State Security Service have been expelled from the Presidential Villa are unfounded.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has given no such order.
“While it is true that a reorganization of security at the Presidential Villa which involves the realignment of personnel from various services is underway, the exercise does not translate to the expulsion of DSS personnel from the premises in any way.
“The changes being made are routine adjustments which are not unexpected in any dynamic environment from time to time.”
There had been claims that Buhari barred SSS personnel from serving as part of his security team.
The presidency denied the reports.
Source: Premium Times