By Yemi Adebowale
Deji Adeyanju, an Abuja based socio-political activist has sued online activist Japheth Omojuwa for defamation to the tune of N50 million. The case which was filed at the Abuja High Court on Thursday is expected to be assigned to a trial judge on Friday 22nd May, 2015.
The case of defamation against the accused is partly connected to a story purportedly concocted by him (Mr. Omojuwa) against Mr. Adeyanju in May 2014.
READ Deji Adeyanju Linked With Murder: Jonathan’s Aide, Doyin Okupe’s Associate Linked With Murder
According to Gbenga Oguniran & Co, lawyers to Mr. Adeyanju, “on behalf of the plaintiff the lawyers are seeking before the court that he (Omojuwa) defamed you when he referred to you as:
1. A Criminal.
2. A member of an assassination gang.
3. A Federal Government Assassin.
4. An Ex-Convict.
5. A person who will avoid punishment for any crime with the help of his godfathers.
6. A cultist.
7. A Killer.
8. That you were the person who fired the shot that killed someone in Kano.
9. That you are a member of the President Goodluck Jonathan’s Killer Squad alleged by Obasanjo.
10. That you will kill him Omojuwa Japhet.
11. That you are a blackmailer.
12. That you are someone who is not morally upright.”
Details of the suit are attached below.