The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has appointed a former Managing Director of the defunct Alpha Merchant Bank, Jimi Lawal; a former editor of The News magazine, Muyiwa Adekeye; and Uba Sani, a former special assistant to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo as special advisers.
In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan, the governor named Mr. Lawal as his adviser on Investment Promotion while Mr. Adekeye, a respected Nigerian journalist and communication expert would serve as adviser on Media and Communication.
Mr. Uba, the statement said, would serve as the governor’s adviser on political matters.
Also appointed to various positions, according to the statement by Mr. Aruwan, are:
• Aishatu Kumbo Mohammed- Solicitor-General and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice
• Dr. Abdulkadir Kassim – Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
• Musa Abu Sheyin – Deputy Chief of Staff (Office of the Deputy Governor)
• Mohammed Sani Suleiman – Special Adviser, Legal
• Colonel Yakubu Yusuf (rtd) – Coordinator, Operation Yaki
Mr. Aruwan also quoted the governor as expressing the gratitude of the state government for the contributions of Habila Kyong, who retired Friday as head of service.