Gombe governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo is committed to bringing portable water to every home in the state. Towards this end, the state government has awarded contracts for the rehabilitation and reticulation of pipelines in different communities.
According to Abu-Ubaidah Ibrahim Kuna, the Personal Assistant (Social Media) to the governor, of Gombe State, “the commitment of Dankwambo administration to improve the supply of potable water to the people of Gombe State is beyond little imagination and incomparable to other previous administrations.”
He said that no previous administration has achieved what Dankwambo achieved in his first four years in office, especially in the area of water supply.
“It is worthy to note that provision of water is prerequisite for the development of any society. It is in this regard that Gombe State under Gov. Dankwambo led administration is seriously committed to provide water in the state.
“His administration has awarded contract for the rehabilitation and reticulation of pipelines in the State with extension to Kwami, Gadam, Bojude, Kompulata and Tappi and also awarded contract for water sustenance and maintenance of the Gombe Regional Water supply scheme and many other parts of the state at the cost of over N4 billion,” Kuna said in a statememnt made available to the media.
-The personal assistant highlighted some of the chievements of Gov. Dankwambo in the provision of portable water:
-Rehabilitation/reticulation of Gombe pipelines and extension to Kwami, Gadam, Bojude, Tappi and Kompulata
Completion of feasibility studies, design and reticulation works for supply of Water from Balanga Dam to Gelengu, Swa, Tula, Ture, Kaltungo, Boh, Billiri, and Kumo Towns
– Extension of water supply to Baure, Dangar, and other villages
– Rehabilitation of Malam Inna Water Supply Scheme
– Provision of Water Supply to the proposed industrial cluster/enterprise zone at Nasarawo
– Extension of Water reticulation project to Tunfure Community
– Establishment of Fish Fingering Hatchery centre at Dadinkowa
– Purchase of Fish feed machineries and equipment to Dadinkowa Fish Farms
– Improvement of Tula Water Scheme
– Procurement of Water purification chemicals
– Construction of three (3) hand pumps boreholes at NYSC Orientation camp
– Desilting of canals and regulatory devices at Balanga Dam
– Purchase of 2 Engine Boats
– Operation and Maintenance of Gombe Regional Water Supply Scheme
– Construction of Earth Dam at Boh, Shongom Local Government Area. ETC.