0 comments

Gov Makinde will be investigated once we receive directives ~ CCB

by on July 18, 2019
 

The Oyo state office of the Code of Conduct Bureau on Wednesday, said it was still waiting for directives before commencing the verification of the N48 billion worth of assets declared by the newly inaugurated Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State.

Governor Makinde had earlier in the week declared assets worth N48 billion.

The Bureau also said assets of the officials of the last administration in the state would be verified.

The Director of CCB in the state, Mr. Moses Atolagbe, who spoke in an interview with reporters on Wednesday, said the directive to verify all the people that had declared one asset or the other would come from the bureau headquarters.

READ  Gov. Seyi Makinde declares assets, worth N48bn

He added that there were a few people in the last administration of the state who were yet to comply with asset declaration.

He stated, “We have a few people that have not complied with the position of the law.

“They are very few in number; some of them are out of the country and others are based on health ground.

“They have got in touch with the bureau and one of them showed up on Monday.

“We will just give them a little ample opportunity; when they don’t comply, they would be prosecuted.

“We have done that before, a former commissioner in Oyo State in time past had been prosecuted for failure to comply.

Be the first to comment!
 
Leave a reply »

 

Leave a Response