If you got a dollar every time you left your wallet at home with your bank cards in it…well, you probably wouldn’t be a billionaire yet, but this is an occurrence everyone finds rather embarrassing and annoying to say the least, and if you have never been a victim, then you have got to be the most organized person ever with a pinch of O.C.D going on lol
Good news is if you find yourself in that “Oh My God!” moment when you realize you have either forgotten your bank card at home or temporarily lost your cards, you really do not have to panic anymore.
With the help of your mobile phone and a “Paycode”, you can now make withdrawals from ATMs without your bank card,
The point of advanced technology generally is to make operations easier, quicker and more convenient for everyone so it’s really good things are looking up for us here in Nigeria.
With this innovation, there would be no more embarrassing or stranded moments with no help in sight. You are however still advised to immediately block your cards the moment you realize you have lost it permanently or observe that it has been stolen.
Here’s how it works:
If you are a GTB customer,
1.Dial *737# on your mobile.
2.Select 8 to go to the next page.
3.Select the “Cardless Withdrawal” (option 1).
4.Then choose the GTBank (GT Rescue) option.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Enter the last 4 digit of your ATM card.
- Select OK
An SMS with your GTBank Withdrawal Reference Pin would be sent to your phone almost immediately. At the ATM, select ‘Cardless Withdrawal’ then enter the Reference Pin followed by the amount you want to withdraw and your cash would follow.
Another method for GTB customers is to dial *737*13* on your phone, the amount, followed by #, then hit send. A code and cash out pin would be generated.
Your CashOut Pin chosen would be used while generating the Paycode to withdraw at the ATM.
At the ATM, press any key, select “Paycode Cashout” and follow directions to withdraw your cash.
If you are a Diamond bank account holder,
you initially have to register for this service known as the Magic Cash at any of the Diamond banks or by calling the bank’s Contact Centre before attempting to make cardless withdrawals
Here’s how Diamond bank’s cardless withdrawal works;
- After registration, Text ATM to 30811 from your registered mobile number on your Diamond bank account.
- A six digit code would be sent to your phone as an SMS
- Select the Magic Cash option at any Diamond Bank ATM
- Enter your registered mobile number with the calling code +234
- Enter the six digit Magic Code received earlier
- You would then need to create and confirm your Magic Pin( 4 digits). This Magic Pin would only need to be created during the first transaction and used for subsequent transactions.
- You can now proceed to your transaction
- If using the Instant Banking service for the first time, register by dialing *770#
- Dial *770*8*Amount#
- You will be prompted to create a One-Time Pin to be used at the ATM
- Enter your Instant Banking Pin to confirm the transaction
- A Paycode would be sent to your phone
- At the ATM, select PayCode Cashout or Dial4Cash
- Enter your One-Time 4 digit Pin you created in Step 3.
- Then enter the Paycode sent to your phone.
- Enter the amount you want and collect your cash.
Standard Chartered Bank Cardless Withdrawal
- At the nearest Standard Chartered bank ATM, transfer the amount you want to withdraw to your phone number.
- You will receive an order number on a receipt which would be dispensed at the ATM
- An SMS would also be sent with a Pin number would be sent to you. This order number would match the one on your receipt dispensed.
- At the ATM, enter the Pin Number, order number, mobile number, and amount.
- After verification, the cash would be dispensed to the recipient.
Other banks not listed would soon join this platform.