I Pity President Buhari – El Rufai Laments at Tunde Bakare’s Church

by on August 1, 2016

Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai was at the Sunday service of  The Latter Rain Assembly, where he was a guest. El Rufai noted that the Economic state of Nigeria was saddening and that Nigeria was passing through the worst economic downturn ever.

He added that President Muhammadu Buhari has appeared on the scene to bail Nigeria out of economic difficulties.

“We have always known that there is massive corruption in Nigeria but the revelations of the past one year have shocked even the most pessimistic of critics. Nearly 70 per cent of Nigeria’s oil revenues disappeared without a trace”.

“Of course, there must be consequences for that. When we sit down with President Buhari these days, I pity him. I pity him because he has always become President anytime Nigeria is in trouble.

“First, it was after the NPN (National Party of Nigeria) government had almost grounded the economy (in 1984) and now, after a massive looting of the nation’s treasury; and he has to lead the team to fix it.

“But we are working round the clock to fix these problems. With your prayers and the cooperation of Nigerians, we shall surmount these problems.”

President Buhari loves humanity passionately; his strength is that he believes everyone could be trusted, which is also a weakness. When he gives people any assignment, he expects people to carry out the assignment with all honesty.Unfortunately, this is not so all the time as we have seen over time and that’s why I said it is a weakness.

“The President is not a man who has interest in making money for himself or for his friends. Mistakes could be made; only God is perfect.”

Speaking on his position as the governor of Kaduna state, El-Rufai attributed it to the advice of Pastor Tunde Bakare, the general overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, who he said invited him to join the Congress for Progressive Change in 2011.

“I already made up my mind never to go into public office after I left office the last time. Pastor Bakare told me that I should not be bitter; that I should forgive anyone who might have offended me and should move on with my life.

“He then invited me to the join Buhari’s party, the CPC, in 2011 and we have continued since then. Today, I’m close to President Buhari because of what Pastor Bakare has done. Today, I’m a governor because of what Pastor Bakare has done. I’m no longer sad; I’ve forgiven everyone; and I’m no longer bitter.

“More importantly, we need the prayers of Nigerians to succeed.”

READ  7 DSS Operatives Killed by Pipeline Vandals in Ikorudu
comments

• August 1, 2016 at 7:17 pm

El Rufai has reveiled 2 important facts. 1, that 70%of oil revenue in Buhari’s govt has disapeared without a trace.2,that he is now close to Pmb as a serving
    governor and he know exactly what he is talking about. Now, are Buhari followers stil believing that he has d capacity 2 lead Nigeria 2 d desired destination?

• OBI JOHNSON
      August 2, 2016 at 9:18 am

Those that are still in defence of Buhari’s incompetence are part of Nigeria woos. They are sycophants that fed on the rest of us

• sam
    August 1, 2016 at 8:25 pm

you close friends of buhari are Nigerians bigest problems for always given excuses for buhari incompetence, buhari if given 100 yrs cannot fix this economy,he surrounds himself with friend,family people who know nothing about governance, he his strengthen his friendship at the expense of our lives by destroying the nation and his economy, buhari is dead brain and he has failed

• Kehinde
      August 3, 2016 at 5:28 am

Anyone who doesn’t have interest in making money for himself and friends could be out of selfishness,stinginess,u resourcefulness,parochial and narrow mindedness and lack of creativity and generation of ideas -Now found himself in governing a nation could retard repress retrogress d nation perhaps that may explain the reason for economic disaster we are now experiencing.

• sam
    August 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm

he came to power with our economy still vvv much intact, but because he was busy travelling abroad, the economy was neglected and now destroyed, buhari has cause us so much pain and may God judge him

• Joyclem
    August 2, 2016 at 5:53 am

Certainly, God will HELP us.

• JONES
    August 2, 2016 at 6:56 am

Wat are we not saying? if only buhari will concentrate on d nation economy prbm and stop dis excessive traveling, bring of families and friend into d runing of his govt and reduice d the speed of d so called corroption fight and call for restructure of d nation. I belive it will yeid smthing best.

• barrecy
    August 2, 2016 at 8:24 am

Comment…he surrounds himself with bunch of herdsmen, noting can come gud from dem other Dan roaring cow, and can’t think better of Nigeria.
    the nation does not have agenda for the youths of this nation, can they pls make it easy for interested youths to travel outwards search of employment and better life?

• jibril kanye
    August 2, 2016 at 1:07 pm

So unfortunately the way Nigerians are looking things totally out of reasoning eyes. El- Ruafa’i lamented what happened before, that lead to our present conditions. and putting everything humanly possible to fix it. but the shallow minds are saying trashed?

• August 15, 2016 at 1:34 am

There is so much to do. We do not have the luxury of sob stories. El-Rufai ask President Buhari to please wake up from his slumber.