0 comments

INJURY | We have no reason to disbelieve Isaac Success – NFF

by on October 12, 2016
 

The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) have rubbished suggestions that Watford striker Isaac Success faked an injury which ruled him out of making his international debut.

Reports towards the end of last week suggested Success, who scored his first Hornets goal in their 2-2 draw with Bournemouth last weekend, had fabricated the dead leg he was said to have suffered in that stalemate at Vicarage Road, and forced him to pull out of Gernot Rohr’s squad.

There had been suggestions that both the 20-year-old and international team-mate Victor Moses would face domestic bans, which can be enforced by FIFA if players are found to have purposefully avoided international duty.

READ  Senator Umar: President Jonathan Has Fully Resurrected The Railway System

But Super Eagles spokesman, Toyin Ibitoye, said: “The news we got was that he [Success] got a dead leg in Watford’s last game, and asked to be excused from our World Cup qualifying game away to Ndola.

“We have no reason to doubt what Watford and the player tells us.”

In Success’ absence, the Super Eagles were 2-1 winners in Zambia, in the first round of African qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.

Fellow Premier League players Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho were both on the scoresheet for Nigeria.

Be the first to comment!
 
Leave a reply »

 

Leave a Response