0 comments

Metele Attack: Military Yet To Receive $1bn Security Funds

by on December 3, 2018
 

The Nigerian Military has said that it is yet to receive the One billion dollars Security Funds approved by President Mohammadu Buhari.

Recall that Buhari had in April approved the release of the said amount from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) to be disbursed to the Nigerian Army for purchase of equipment to fight the Boko haram insurgents in the North Eastern part of the Country.

The recent attack of the 157 Task Force Battalion at Metele in Borno state, which had led to deaths of several soldiers, including their commander while several others were reportedly missing, had raised so much speculations around the recent status of the funds.

READ  OP-ED| The Magician And His Magic Wand By @Naija_Senator

According to a report by the New Telegraph Newspaper, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai told Newsman in Maiduguri that although the security funds had been approved but the Military is yet to get it as it is still being housed in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“So the people are talking or the Media have been talking about the One billion dollars that has been approved, but I tell you up till today, the du d that is suppose to come from that amount to the army in particular is till in CBN.

“The Ministry of defence is yet to access the funds while people say the funds are with the Military; no, it is still with the CBN, when the Ministry of defence get the funds, the process is on right now, they will get equipment for us as proposed,” he said.

Be the first to comment!
 
Leave a reply »

 

Leave a Response