Presidency Sends DSS to Stop Emeka Ezeife, Pat Utomi From Speaking at Book Launch

by on May 9, 2016

Emeka Ezeife,a former governor of Anambra state was embarrassed alongside Pat Utomi in Awka recently by officials of the department of state security service(DSS). They were stopped from speaking at a book launch by the officials who claimed to be acting on an order from the presidency.

In his words, Emeka Ezeife said ;

“The President does not seem to have some conscience by doing certain things against some people. He does it without thinking back as if there are some people that should be suppressed and some people who are above the law.

Let me tell you what is happening now. Now I am in Awka, where young students decided to launch a book on the vision of our heroes past. They decided to use Odumegwu Ojukwu’s name in the launching. Some boys ago met me to play a role in the launching after I went to the University of Calabar to attend a very beautiful conference where Maitama Sule, Ken Nnamani, Ibrahim Mantu and others were in attendance.

The same students organized something at Women Development Centre, Awka. But I arrived Awka at night, I started hearing that the Department of State Service (DSS) was discouraging the event in Awka, the students had paid the money for using the Women Development Centre. When I arrived at night, I went straight to the governor, Dr. Willie Obiano but the governor was not in town.

I was only able to get through to the Chief of Staff and I asked him why some people would be treated this way; why the President continued to treat the South East as if he wants them to leave Nigeria. I do not know. Some of us are forced to ask that question. Nigeria is not Buhari, and Buhari is not Nigeria.

I went to the state commissioner of Police in Anambra and discussed the issue with him, and of course it was not his business, but it is part of it because if there is violence, he would be involved in controlling it. But there can be no violence because the people are so peaceful; nobody was carrying gun or weapon and there was nothing in the launching that is against the government.

I went to look for the state Director of the SSS, but I could not find him that night. I met some small young officers but the Anambra state Police commisioner was kind enough to send me the telephone number of the state Director of SSS whom I talked to. I explained all the circumstances and how peaceful everything was and I discovered I was one of the problems.

Those who talked to the young boys told them they do not like me and Pat Utomi playing a role in the launching. I called the Director of SSS and he told me that the directive was from Abuja, that it was a directive from above and that there was nothing he could do. He said that I should talk to the DSS in Abuja and I knew that they all travelled with the President. I tried to reach the operation officer and his phone would ring and would not answer. This is what is called humiliation in a very dehumanizing way.

If the launching was in praise of Ojukwu, what could be wrong in praising him in Anambra state. This is what I am talking about. You would look at the situation and you wonder that people who have no business of carrying Ak-47, carry the weopons and saying that they are taking care of cattles. And the DSS told a lie against Abia state, a lie that could cause ethnic crisis in the country. There is no investigation on that. They did not go to the Police; they just went out and accused the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Five people were involved in the kidnapping, two Igbo were involved and they said IPOB buried people. I do not know what is happening. We should not talk with bitterness too much.”

comments

• Emeka
    May 9, 2016 at 11:44 am

Muhammadu buhari the president of islamic republic nigeria is a pharaoh and what happened to pharaoh will still happen to him

• chidi
    May 9, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Shame on Buhari. The jihadist illiterate murderer. Your will suffer!
    God in heaven is about to punish you beyond what you have ever experienced in your miserable cattle wretched life.
    Your children will never no peace. They will hunted in the day and hunted at night. .
    You mass murderous illiterate clown from the pit of fonts djallon.
    All your sorcerous lineage shall meet a miserable end!
    The blood all those you murdered from the 60s will hunt you bastard down.
    If only I had an RPG I would blow you out of your bloody miserable life.

• May 9, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Comment…No no no, all these negative statements and hair raising curses against the president are not good. Please point out his obvious wrongs to him. God, in His infinite wisdom, will correct him and put him on the right path.

• cypo onang
    May 9, 2016 at 2:42 pm

the truth is that pmb always uses DSS to humiliate his opponents in a dehumanizing way. I believe one day people will rise against this administration.

• Baloooo
    May 9, 2016 at 8:20 pm

No matter how u feed a lizard, it cannot become a crocodile. There is no way an authoritarian leader can become a democrat

• MOKE
    May 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Comment…Dont blame mr president for iam sure nyamiri are all bastard.you can never and ever rule nigeria and mine you dont allow the same mistake to happen again.i believed you haue not consulted late ojukwu you hear much from him.we stand firmly with our brothers from the north ,west and not nyamiri.

• May 9, 2016 at 10:28 pm

don’t mind the illiterate cow. he is afraid of educated men like you people. but at the end.. Biafra will come. they are fighting in vain

• Adewale
    May 9, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Comment…The most senseless president in africa history

• Biafra We Hail Thee
    May 10, 2016 at 12:16 am

Biafra, we hail thee
    Oh Biafra we salute you
    Mother to all that are cast out
    Give us succor in our pain

Night has approached again
    Hurrying the Sun out of the mist
    Still again shall he rise
    To take his place in the sky

Oh, Biafra We Hail Thee

• May 10, 2016 at 5:32 am

Comment…oh weep for Nigeria !

• Duruoha
    May 10, 2016 at 6:03 am

Buhari will be the worst thing ever to happen to this country

• blessed ututu ventures osha
    May 10, 2016 at 7:25 am

Comment…hahahahahahahahaha….why ezeife always like 2 fools him self in public….ezeife should tell us wht he achieve wen he was governor of anambra…if ezeife wnt 2 support biafra or ipob’ he should come out full and support ipob…he should stop playing politic wit igbos….ezeife should tell us wht he achieve 4 igbos even in igbo ukwu his home town wen he was advicer to obasanjo 4 many years…i knw ezeife he is sabo

• arik
    May 10, 2016 at 9:00 am

Mr Eze is talking rubbish! Are u the only person invited? Why must he take it personal? I guess the Dss action is in order, because from every comment coming out from mr “Eze’s” mouth, I think the was more to it than a book launching.