The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on Sunday released the list of 15 winners of the crude oil lifting contracts 2019/2020 under the Direct Sale of Crude Oil and Direct Purchase of Petroleum Products (DSDP) arrangement.
The publication of the list winners is coming shortly after the new Group Managing Director of the corporation, Mele Kyari, promised to make the list public as part of his commitment to ensuring transparency and accountability in the operations of the national oil company.
The list contain 15 winners who emerged after the financial bid exercise held earlier this year.
The statement by the NNPC spokesperson, Ndu Ughamadu, gave the list of successful companies as follows:
1. BP OIL INTERNATIONAL LTD./AYM SHAFA LTD.
2. VITOL SA/CALSON-HYSON
3. TOTSA TOTAL OIL TRADING SA/TOTAL NIG. PLC
4. GUNVOR INTERNATIONAL B.V./AY MAIKIFI OIL & GAS CO. LTD.
5. TRAFIGURA PTE LTD./A. A. RANO NIG. LTD
6. CEPSA S.A.U./OANDO PLC
7. MOCOH SA/MOCOH NIG. LTD.
8. LITASCO SA/BRITTANIA-U NIG. LTD./FREEPOINT COMMODITIES
9. MRS OIL & GAS COMPANY LTD
10. SAHARA ENERGY RESOURCE LTD
11. BONO ENERGY LTD./ETERNA PLC/ARKLEEN OIL & GAS LTD./AMAZON ENERGY
12. MATRIX ENERGY LTD./PETRATLANTIC ENERGY LTD./UTM OFFSHORE LTD./LEVENE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT LTD
13. MERCURIA ENERGY TRADING SA/ BARBEDOS OIL & GAS SERVICES LTD./RAINOIL LTD./PETROGAS ENERGY
14. ASIAN OIL & GAS PTE LTD./ EYRIE ENERGY LTD./ MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD/CASIVA LTD
15. DUKE OIL COMPANY INCORPORATED.
The contract is for one year effective October 1, 2019, till September 30, 2020.
This is the first time the NNPC would be officially publishing the list of winners of the contract under the DSDP scheme since it began in 2016.
In his takeover note on July 8, 2019, Mr Kyari promised to open NNPC books to public scrutiny as part of a new commitment to transparency and accountability.
He said as a publicly owned company, Nigerians deserved to know about the operations and activities of the Corporation.
Reiterating his management’s team commitment to transparency and accountability during the launch of the team’s policy direction tagged: Transparency, Accountability, Performance and Excellence (TAPE), Mr Kyari had said the list would be published this month.