Posts Tagged ‘DMO’
-
LATEST
 

Anxiety mounts over Nigeria’s capacity to pay N24.3tr debt

On April 4, the Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Patience Oniha, dropped a bombshell that Nigeria’s bloating debt portfolio has hit N24.39 trillion as at December 31, 2018. The debt rose by N2.66 trillion in one year as the 2017 figure was N21.72 trillion. According to her, the new debt stock represents a […]

Nigeria’s Debt Profile Balloons to $11 Billion- DMO

The Director-General, Debt Management Office, Dr. Abraham Nwankwo has disclosed that Nigeria’s external debt profile has risen to $11 billion as at October 2015 as against the $ 9.4 billion recorded in March. Domestic debt profile was said to have risen to N11 trillion. Dr. Abraham Nwankwo, however, said the quantum of the debt did […]

DSS Arrests, Detains James Faleke and Mohammed Audu

Deputy governorship flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress in the Nov. 21, 2015 Governorship election in Kogi State, James Faleke, and Mohammed, the eldest son of Abubakar Audu, the late APC governorship candidate, Abubakar Audu, have been arrested by State Security Services for undisclosed reason, and then detained. James Faleke and Mohammed Audu arrived the SSS […]

Nigeria’s Debt is $64 Billion – DMO

Nigeria’s debt profile is $64 billion.  Director General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Abraham Nwankwo disclosed this yesterday when he appeared before the Senate Committee on Foreign and Local Debts, explaining that 84 percent of the entire debt profile was owed locally while the remaining 16 percent was foreign. He, however, assured that the debt would […]